To the Lineman and Crewleaders on completing the OHT School. BE SAFE!
Employees in Overhead Transmission must attend and successfully complete structured training programs as defined. Examples included, but not limited to:
1. Leadership courses for LCL, Crew Leader/Planner, and Crew Leaders.
2. Construction Standards.
3. Transmission and Distribution Overhead Training.
4. Structure rescue training.
5. Transmission Switch training.
6. Lock Out Tag Out
Overhead Transmission Crew Leader/ Planner
Job summary: Plan, coordinate and field verify OHT activities in coordination with LCL. This individual will prepare work packages as required in accordance with Company work control processes and procedures. As required, conduct walk downs and field verification of Overhead Transmission planned and emergent work in the operations, maintenance and construction (as defined in the OHT agreement) of the Company’s electric facilities and equipment.
Major Accountabilities: 1. Plan, coordinate, and provide guidance to Overhead Transmission employees engaged in the execution of scheduled and emergent work activities, including job walk downs in accordance with Work Control process and prepare along with validating work packages as required.
2. Recommend required resources per each assignment including manpower, equipment, obtaining outages, required permits, and access to property in the timeframe required to perform the work. Interfaces with planners (Operating, Distribution and T&S), other internal organizations, and external entities which may include miscellaneous contacts such as various municipality organizations.
3. Assist management to coordinate emergency response, including assisting in performing emergency patrols to restore service to customers.
4. Promote and maintain an environment that fosters a high-performance organization and a learning culture.
5. As required, to perform the work of any member of an Overhead Transmission line crew and to assist the crew in their work assignment. As referenced in page 1, Section 1 paragraph A. VII
6. Work Performance Evaluation will be performed by management every 6 months and discussed with the employee.
a. Performance issues will be reviewed with management and a Local 15 Business Representative.
SOUTH (Reporting Location, Channahon) - South of North Ave (Rt. 64) and including Chicago, Indiana (Lake Michigan) to Kewance.
NORTH (Reporting Location, Libertyville) - North of I88, Lake Michigan to RT 47.
WEST (Reporting Location, Rockford) - RT 47 to Mississippi River, Wisconsin to I88
All employees in the Overhead Transmission group will receive an additive of 1.5% of the maximum hourly rate of pay of the employee’s job classification. The additive will be applied for all compensable hours while in the OHT group. The additive will be paid at the applicable overtime rate when overtime is worked. Alternates and temporary assigned individuals will receive the additive for all compensable hours while in OHT.